Friday, August 14, 2009

My endorsement for Governor

I am supporting Josh Penry in his effort to become Colorado's next governor.

Governor Ritter is a good man who has been very kind to me, but I feel that it is time to reduce government spending and stop the rise in fees and taxes in this state. I moderately approved referendums C & D. I disapprove some aspects of TABOR (while supporting it in principle). Still, we do not use money to properly fund our schools while hundreds and hundreds of new state employees got on the payroll. Senator Penry has been an advocate for education reform.

Senator Penry is a moderate who is not a zealot and right wing ideologue. He will represent both the western slope and the front range well. Having personally met him and seen him in action I am very impressed by his tone and work.

I am looking forward to a gubernatorial race where two good men can debate their ideas without all the political noise and backstabbing. This will give voters a good chance to weigh the issues and have a policy focused election.

At Senator Penry's website you can donate your money or your time so we can have a respectful election in 2010. Even if you support Governor Ritter I hope you at least support Senator Penry's nomination.