Friday, September 17, 2010

The little pig that couldn't

Back when I was in high school, I used to be a fairly strict libertarian. Over the years I've soften on that; however, every now and then I am reminded why I have libertarian leanings.

In Michigan, a boy with severe pet allergies and his family where not allowed to keep a small pig.

If someone can take care of the animal and its not a danger to others than why not let the poor kid have the pig? In fact, I wish more people kept chickens, goats and small farm animals as it is better for the enviroment, cheaper for use to produce food, and maintain our lawns and gardens.

If no one else's property or life is threatened than its really no business of the government to act this way.

And, in the end, don't you just feel bad for the kid and the pig?