Saturday, April 4, 2009

Smoking Ad

I think the ads message went to far. I don't tend to throw my arms up at every emotional controversy but I don't agree with the tactic of hyperbole and using children as emotional weapons. I am not a big fan of using this kid either but I am more worried about the ads message.



I try to make this blog somewhat professional. However, I couldn't help but notice a comparison with the South Park episode Butt Out.

Lastly, my point is I am not a fan of the anti-smoking crusade. Like all crusades it is all about zealotry and little facts. Smoking is definitely bad for you but do we really have to shun and ban smoking everywhere? No, it takes away rights of smokers and business. I hear a lot about the rights of non-smokers, of which I am one, but nothing about smokers rights. Most smokers are courteous enough to ask before smoking in front of you. So it seems to me much to do about nothing. Really it is the anti-smoking campaign that's blowing the most smoke (couldn't help the pun).

*For the record though I call myself a nonsmoker I do enjoy the very occasional cigar but no more than once a week and more often like every three to four weeks.

No comments: