Saturday, January 3, 2009

Bennet? Really?

Well I guess Ritter is 1-2 when it comes to appointments. Bernie Buescher was a great idea for Secretary of State. Michael Bennet for U.S. Senate leaves me with more questions than answers.

I keep up with politic fairly well and I really don't know enough about Bennets positions as a Senator. I know him well enough to recommend him for Education Secretary in a previous blog.

The reason Ritter picked Bennet is his lack of a record. Romanoff and Hickenlooper have lenghy and more well-known records. Bennet is also young so he can keep that seat for awhile if he wins in 2010.

Now what should Romanoff do? I would say either go for the state senate or challange Dianna DeGette in a primary. I don't hate DeGette but the lack of competition in CD 1bothers me. I think it gives DeGette an excuse to be less active outside of stem cells.

No comments: